What are the characteristics of TCP
- TCP is reliable protocol.
- TCP ensures that the data reaches intended destination in the same order it was sent.
- TCP is connection oriented.
- TCP provides error-checking and recovery mechanism.
- TCP provides end-to-end communication.
- TCP provides flow control and quality of service.
What 4 functions do all routers perform
What four functions do all routers perform? Connect dissimilar networks; interpret layers 3 and 4 addressing and other info; determine best path for data to follow; remote traffic if a primary path is down but another path is available.
What is the primary purpose of Layer 4 port assignment
Layer 4 of the OSI Model: Transport Layer provides transparent transfer of data between end users, providing reliable data transfer services to the upper layers.
Which of the following is not a characteristic of TCP between UDP
Which of the following is not a characteristic of the TCP protocol? TCP always requires the establishment of a connection. Which of the following is not a characteristic of the UDP protocol? UDP does not provide reliable data transfer because it does not guarantee delivery.
What are the five layers in the TCP IP network model
The TCP/IP model is based on a five-layer model for networking. From bottom (the link) to top (the user application), these are the physical, data link, net- work, transport, and application layers. Not all layers are completely defined by the model, so these layers are “filled in” by external standards and protocols.
How many TCP flags are there
In addition to this, each flag is one bit long, and since there are 6 flags, this makes the Flags section 6 bits in total. You would have to agree that the most popular flags are the "SYN", "ACK" and "FIN", used to establish connections, acknowledge successful segment transfers and, lastly, terminate connections.
Which three fields are included in a TCP header
TCP header structure
- Source port – The sending device's port.
- Destination port – The receiving device's port.
- Sequence number – A device initiating a TCP connection must choose a random initial sequence number, which is then incremented according to the number of transmitted bytes.
What are three responsibilities of the transport layer
- Intrusion prevention system.
- Intrusion detection system.
What is an important characteristic of UDP
UDP establishes the maximum number of bytes to be sent. The server acknowledges the bytes of data received from the client.
At which layer of the TCP IP model does TCP operate
TCP/IP Protocol Architecture Model
|OSI Ref. Layer No.||OSI Layer Equivalent||TCP/IP Protocol Examples|
|3||Network||IP, ARP, ICMP|
|2||Data link||PPP, IEEE 802.2|
|1||Physical||Ethernet (IEEE 802.3) Token Ring, RS-232, others|
Which protocol uses 3 way handshaking
TCP uses a three-way handshake to establish a reliable connection. The connection is full duplex, and both sides synchronize (SYN) and acknowledge (ACK) each other.
Which of the following functions is performed by both TCP and UDP
Which of the following functions is performed by both TCP and UDP? C (Multiplexing using port numbers) .
Which statements best describe the characteristics of the TCP protocol
Which statements best describe the characteristics of the TCP protocol? It is reliable and uses acknowledgments.
What are the characteristics of UDP
- UDP is used when acknowledgement of data does not hold any significance.
- UDP is good protocol for data flowing in one direction.
- UDP is simple and suitable for query based communications.
- UDP is not connection oriented.
- UDP does not provide congestion control mechanism.
What are the advantages of TCP protocol
The advantages of TCP/IP protocol suite are
- It is an industry–standard model that can be effectively deployed in practical networking problems.
- It is interoperable, i.e., it allows cross-platform communications among heterogeneous networks.
- It is an open protocol suite.
- It is a scalable, client-server architecture.
What are the applications of TCP
TCP/IP applications, protocols, and services
- Bootstrap Protocol.
- Connecting to the Internet.
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol.
- IBM Tivoli Directory Server for i (LDAP)
- Domain Name System.
- File Transfer Protocol.
- IP filtering and network address translation.
Which out of these is a key feature of TCP
Reliability : The most important feature of TCP is reliable data delivery. In order to provide reliability, TCP must recover from data that is damaged, lost, duplicated, or delivered out of order by the Network Layer.
Is TCP a connectionless protocol
TCP is an example of a connection-oriented protocol. It requires a logical connection to be established between the two processes before data is exchanged.